Collections and Payments
|This is a 24-hour service where payers may settle government bills through their own Internet banking accounts.|
|Notes :||(1)||Payment through Internet banking for Fixed Penalty (Public Cleanliness or Obstruction Offence) is only available at the Internet banking service provided by the following banks with (*).|
|(2)||Payment through Internet banking for licence fee of the Office of the Communications Authority, Chinese Medicine Council of Hong Kong and contributions / damages and maintenance / litigation costs of Legal Aid Department is only available at the Internet banking service provided by the following banks with (#).|
|(3)||Please contact your bank for details about the daily transaction limit.|
|(4)||Instruction for payment given before midnight on the due date will be regarded as on time.|
|(5)||Individual banks may have slightly different payment procedures.|
Procedures for paying your bill via Internet banking :
- Login your Internet banking account
- Select "Bill Payment"
- Select the merchant type (e.g. "Government or Statutory Organisation")
- Select the merchant name (e.g. "Inland Revenue Department")
- Select the "Bill Type" (if applicable, e.g. "Tax demand note")
- Enter the "Bill Account Number" (e.g. "Shroff Account Number for electronic payments" on the tax demand note)
- Select the bank account for payment
- Enter the payment amount
- Select the payment date
- Confirm the payment instruction
Banks providing Internet banking payment service (in alphabetical order) :
Bank of China (Hong Kong) Ltd. * #
Bank of Communications Co., Ltd. * #
Bank of Communications (Hong Kong) Limited * #
Bank of East Asia, Ltd. (The) * #
China CITIC Bank International Ltd. * #
China Construction Bank (Asia) Corporation Ltd. * #
Chiyu Banking Corporation Ltd.
Chong Hing Bank Ltd. * #
Citibank (Hong Kong) Ltd. * #
CMB Wing Lung Bank Ltd. * #
Dah Sing Bank, Ltd. * #
DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Ltd. * #
Fubon Bank (Hong Kong) Ltd. * #
Hang Seng Bank, Ltd. * #
Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Ltd. (The) * #
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (Asia) Ltd.
Nanyang Commercial Bank Ltd.
OCBC Wing Hang Bank, Ltd. * #
Public Bank (Hong Kong) Ltd.
Shanghai Commercial Bank Ltd. * #
Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Ltd. * #
Important Notes for Internet Banking Payment
- Payers have to register with the respective banks before they can use the Internet banking payment services.
- Banks have their sole discretion on whether to accept payment of government bills by credit card. Where applicable, payers are required to observe the relevant terms and conditions set out by their respective banks, in particular the cut-off time and service charges, if any, set by each bank.
For further assistance from the Treasury, please Contact Us.