e-Cheque is an electronic counterpart of paper cheque and will be signed, issued, delivered and presented without the need of physical delivery. Payers may settle certain government bills by e-Cheques through "Pay e-Cheque" portal on the Internet.
(1) “e-Cheque” means a cheque (including a cashier’s order), issued in the form of an electronic record.
(2) Instruction for payment given before midnight on the due date will be regarded as on time.
(3) Individual banks may have different e-Cheque issuance procedures.
(4) For details of e-Cheque issuance, please contact your bank or visit the website of Hong Kong Interbank Clearing Limited.
Procedures for paying your bill
Step 1: Issuance of e-Cheque
1. Log on your Internet banking account
^ Some paying banks may send an SMS notification to the registered mobile number of the payer once an e-Cheque is issued.
2. Select e-Cheque issuance service
3. Input the payee name (The Government of the HKSAR), cheque date and cheque amount
4. Confirm the details of your given instructions for generating the e-Cheque with the digital signature^
5. Download the issued e-Cheque
Step 2: Bill Payment
Through ""Pay e-Cheque" portal on the Internet
1. No login is required
2. Select the Department or General Demand Notes
3. Select the “Bill Type” (if applicable) and key in the “Bill Account Number”
4. Key in Bill Payment Amount
5. Select to add other bills (if any)
6. Select to upload the e-Cheque
7. Confirm the payment instruction
8. Note the Acknowledgment Reference Number
9. Retain the payment record by clicking the “Save & Print” button
For further assistance from the Treasury, please Contact Us.